Biomedical Sciences: Medical Biology tracks
Is Medical Biology the study for you?
The programme is looking for students who:
- are interested in unravelling the secrets of life;
- are fascinated by acquiring in-depth fundamental knowledge of the biochemical and molecular biological background of medical phenomena;
- enjoy doing experiments;
- wish to specialize in one or multiple areas of this field of research.
Studying Medical Biology at the UvA
There are five pre-defined tracks you can choose from. Each of these programmes has field-specific compulsory courses and research projects:
- Biochemistry and Metabolic Diseases
- Cell Biology and Advanced Microscopy
- Experimental Internal Medicine
- Infection and Immunity
Amsterdam, high density of science institutes
Biomedical Sciences at the UvA is closely affiliated with the University of Amsterdam Academic Medical Center (AMC-UvA), the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS), the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI) and the Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation. This provides a unique and exciting science-dense area in which the strengths of the participating institutes are combined, from fundamental to applied research. The cooperation with these prominent institutes ensures students a broad range of expertises and excellent internship opportunities.
Medical Biology is a cluster of the accredited degree programme Biomedical Sciences. After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences and the title Master of Science (MSc).
- Degree programme
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- Regular study programme
- 120 ECTS, 24 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code